DEER PARK MASONIC LODGE "MAKING GOOD MEN BETTER"

Deer Park Lodge #1362, AF&AM
2809 Center Street, Deer Park, Texas, 77536      Phone: 281-732-0295

 




































 

History of Deer Park Lodge 1362


December 8, 1955, at the 120th Annual Grand Communication of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas, a charter was issued for Deer Park Lodge No. 1362. The charter named Brother Thomas W. McIntosh as Worshipful Master; Brother A. Clyde Holdton as Senior Warden, and Brother Jimmie Walker as Junior Warden.

The charter was signed by the following Grand Lodge Officers:

W.W. Booke – Most Worshipful Grand Master
Paul Turwell – Right Worshipful Deputy Grand Master
Randall E. Briscoe – Right Worshipful Grand Senior Warden
Harvey C. Byrd – Right Worshipful Grand Secretary

On November 5, 1959, Brother H. G. Cox, Secretary of Deer Park Lodge No. 1362, received a letter from Most Worshipful Grand Master Randall E. Briscoe granting his dispensation for Deer Park Lodge No. 1362 to move its charter from its temporary meeting location to its new lodge building located at 2803 Center Street in Deer Park, Texas. (Note of interest: The City of Deer Park renumbered the street addresses at a later date which is why the lodge address is now 2809 Center Street Deer Park, Texas). Grand Master Briscoe noted that the District Deputy Grand Master of Masonic District 30-A, Connie E. White, had inspected the new facility and found it to be “Masonically safe and secure” and capable of being tiled.

Grand Master Briscoe also included a personal, hand-written message to the Worshipful Master, Brother E. C. Sivley, stating that he wished he could attend the lodge’s first meeting in their new temple. (Note of interest: It was common in that time period to refer to Masonic lodge buildings as temples).

 

 

Copyright© 2010-2018,Designed & Hosted by MasonicPages.com and On The Square Business Directory A Division of Absolute Solutions, Inc.